liken tophrasal verb
likened to; likening to; likens to
Definition of liken to
: to describe (someone or something) as similar to (someone or something else) Some critics have likened his writing to Faulkner's. She likened her trip to a pilgrimage.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game