like a (hot) knife through butteridiom
Definition of like a (hot) knife through butter
: very quickly and easily The bill passed through the senate like a hot knife through butter.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game