light up (something)idiom
Definition of light up (something)
1 : to provide light for (something) : to fill (something) with light light a room up Fireworks lit up the sky. —often used figuratively A smile lights up her whole face.Her smile lights up the room.
2 : to cause (something) to burn She lit up a cigarette.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game