Definition of liberty hall
: a place where one can do as one likes his friends were all for the authoritarianism of home life; the last thing they wished was liberty hall— Elizabeth Bowen especially : a house where a guest is encouraged to act with unusual freedom
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game