let sleeping dogs lieidiom
Definition of let sleeping dogs lie
: to ignore a problem because trying to deal with it could cause an even more difficult situation I thought about bringing up my concerns but decided instead to let sleeping dogs lie.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game