let sleeping dogs lieidiom
Definition of let sleeping dogs lie
: to ignore a problem because trying to deal with it could cause an even more difficult situation I thought about bringing up my concerns but decided instead to let sleeping dogs lie.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game