let it goidiom
Definition of let it go
1 : to forget or not care about something She felt she had been treated wrongly, and she wasn't willing to let it go. You're late. I'll let it go this time, but it had better not happen again.
2 : to sell something (for a specified amount) The car is probably worth a lot more, but she agreed to let it go for five thousand dollars.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?