let (something) slideidiom
Definition of let (something) slide
: to do nothing about (something, such as another person's mistake or bad behavior) : to ignore (something) You were late this morning. I'll let it slide this time, but don't let it happen again. It may be best to let things slide this time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game