Definition of leopard tree
: an Australian tree (Flindersia maculosa) whose bark splits off in irregular pieces thereby giving the trunk a spotted appearance
— called also leopardwood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game