Definition of lemongrass oil
: a yellow to reddish brown essential oil that has an odor of lemon or verbena, is obtained especially from either of two lemongrasses (Cymbopogon citratus or C. flexuosus), and is used chiefly as a perfume (as in soap) and as a source of the aldehyde citral
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?