Definition of lemongrass oil
: a yellow to reddish brown essential oil that has an odor of lemon or verbena, is obtained especially from either of two lemongrasses (Cymbopogon citratus or C. flexuosus), and is used chiefly as a perfume (as in soap) and as a source of the aldehyde citral
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game