left, right, and centreidiom
Definition of left, right, and centre
: in a very quick and uncontrolled way She has been spending money left, right, and centre. : in all directions The police were stopping cars left, right, and centre.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game