leave/let well (enough) aloneidiom
Definition of leave/let well (enough) alone
: to not try to make a situation better I should have left/let well (enough) alone, but instead I tried to help and only made things worse.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game