leave someone (with) no/little choiceidiom
Definition of leave someone (with) no/little choice
: to make it necessary for someone to do something I don't want to punish you, but your actions leave me (with) no/little choice.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game