leave (someone) danglingidiom
variants: or less commonly keep (someone) dangling
Definition of leave (someone) dangling
: to force someone to be in an uncertain position or to wait for a decision We were kept dangling for weeks while the bank reviewed our loan application.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game