leave (someone) (with) no optionidiom
Definition of leave (someone) (with) no option
: to force (someone) to do something specified The situation left us no option— we had to move. They were left with no option but to sell their car.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game