Definition of least weasel
: a small weasel (Mustela nivalis) of northern North America, Eurasia, and northern Africa that is brown above and white below in summer and in its northern range usually all white in winter, that ranges in length from 6 to 10 inches (15.2 to 25.4 centimeters) including a tail that is usually 1 to 2.5 inches (2.5 to 6.4 centimeters) long, and that lacks the black-tipped tail found in the related short-tailed weasel and long-tailed weasel
Note: The least weasel is the smallest known carnivore and preys especially on small rodents (such as mice and voles).
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game