Definition of lead silicate
: any of various salts (as the normal monosilicate PbSiO3) made by reaction of lead monoxide or a lead salt with silica or a silicate and used chiefly in glass and ceramics and as pigments (as in compounding rubber) — see white lead sense c
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game