Definition of lead oleate
: a poisonous white powder or yellowish pasty mass made usually by precipitation from solutions of a lead salt and a commercial sodium oleate and used chiefly as an additive to lubricants and as the base for a medicinal plaster or a molding wax — compare diachylon
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game