Definition of lead nitrate
: a poisonous soluble crystalline salt Pb(NO3)2 obtained by reaction of lead or a lead compound with nitric acid and used chiefly in making other lead salts and in fireworks also : any of several closely related basic salts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?