variants: or law-burrow \ ˈ⸗ˌbə(ˌ)rō \
Definition of law-borrow
: a cautionary or security measure designed to keep the peace also : the process necessary to put such a measure into effect —usually used in plural
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?