Definition of lavabo
1 often capitalized : a ceremony at Mass in which the celebrant washes his hands after offering the oblations and says Psalm 25:6–12 (Douay Version)
2a : a washbasin and a tank with a spigot that are fastened to a wall
b : this combination used as a planter
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game