launch intophrasal verb
launched into; launching into; launches into
Definition of launch into
1 : to suddenly begin doing or saying (something) in an energetic way He launched into a speech about doing one's duty.
2 : to start involving (oneself) in (something) in an energetic way She launched herself enthusiastically into the campaign.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?