lan·tum | \ ˈlantəm\
Definition of lantum
: a 19th-century wind instrument played with keys or buttons that cause metallic reeds to be sounded by air supplied by a bellows … the concertina, the accordion, the melodion, the lantum, and a number of other contrivances more or less useful … — Musical Times, 1 June 1888
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game