land·wehr | \ ˈläntˌvār\
Definition of landwehr
: the part of the organized national armed forces (as in the former German and Austrian empires, Japan, Switzerland) that has completed the required service with the colors and constitutes the second line of defense
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?