lan·dol·phia | \ lanˈdälfēə, -dȯl-\
Definition of landolphia
1 capitalized : a genus of Old World tropical woody vines (family Apocynaceae) having large yellow or white cymose flowers with narrow lobes succeeded by large berrylike fruits — see congo rubber
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Landolphia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?