Definition of landlocked salmon
1 : a landlocked phase that is sometimes regarded as a distinct variety (Salmo salar sebago) or a separate species (S. sebago) of the salmon of the Atlantic and is native to lakes of eastern North America from New Hampshire to New Brunswick
— called also Sebago salmon
2 : lake trout
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?