Definition of land certificate
1 : a document issued by a government evidencing the official registration of the record of a title to real property
2 : a preliminary or intermediate document issued by a government evidencing that the grantee named therein will become entitled to a patent or grant of specified land upon fulfilling named conditions
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game