Definition of lamb's-quarter
1 : a goosefoot (Chenopodium album) having leaves with a white powdery coating that are sometimes used in salads or cooked as a vegetable —often used in plural but singular or plural in construction
2 : any of several oraches —usually used in plural but singular or plural in construction
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game