Definition of laboratory test
- … in laboratory tests of acyclovir, herpes strains have mutated to forms resistant to the drug.
- —Linda Garmon
- We've measured the amount of soap in shampoos and used lab tests to determine cleaning action and pH.
- —Consumer Reports
- Even experienced doctors cannot distinguish "strep" throat from other-caused sore throats without a laboratory test of fluid taken from the throat.
- —Melva Weber
- Those two values are seen with a complete blood count, the lab test that enumerates the number of white and red blood cells.
- —Paul G. Donahue
laboratory testingor less commonly lab testing noun
- … it has survived nearly two years of strenuous independent laboratory testing and been certified safe for home and commercial use.