variants: or kvutza \ kəˌvütˈsä , ⸗ˈ⸗(ˌ)⸗ \
plural kvutzoth or kvutzot\ -sōt(h) , -sōs \ also kvutzahs or kvutzas
Definition of kvutzah
: a Jewish communal and cooperative farm or settlement in Israel that is usually smaller than a kibbutz and established on stateowned land
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game