krig·ia | \ ˈkrigēə \
Definition of krigia
1 capitalized : a genus of small branched yellow-flowered North American herbs that are related to the chicories but resemble dandelions and have a pappus of both bristles and chaff and short achenes
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Krigia
— called also dwarf dandelion
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game