kra·ko·wi·ak | \ krəˈkōvēˌak\
Definition of krakowiak
: a Polish usually group folk dance that combines elements of the ancient round, the more recent square, and the modern polka tread out bouncing krakowiak measures to the accompaniment of flute, fiddle, and accordion— H. M. Robinson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?