kra·ko·wi·ak | \ krəˈkōvēˌak\
Definition of krakowiak
: a Polish usually group folk dance that combines elements of the ancient round, the more recent square, and the modern polka tread out bouncing krakowiak measures to the accompaniment of flute, fiddle, and accordion— H. M. Robinson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game