koyemshinoun, often capitalized
ko·yem·shi | \ kōˈyem(p)shē\
plural koyemshi or koyemshis
Definition of koyemshi
1 : a Zuñi Indian clown society whose members wear the mask of the mudhead and are credited with curing illness by their dancing and clowning
2 : a member of the koyemshi
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game