Definition of knock heads
1 : to argue or disagree The two of them knocked heads soon after they started working together.
2 : to use angry or forceful methods to control or punish people I am going in there and knock some heads if they don't start behaving. —often + together I am going to go in there and knock their heads together if they don't start behaving.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?