plural knights commanders
Definition of knight commander
: a member of the second class in an honorary order (as the Order of the Bath) with more than one class of membership ranking below a knight grand cross and above a companion
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game