knaw·el | \ ˈnȯ(ə)l\
Definition of knawel
: a low spreading Old World annual weed (Scleranthus annuus) with inconspicuous greenish flowers that is now widely ditributed in North America also : any of several other weedy plants of this genus
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game