king·klip | \ ˈkiŋˌklip\
Definition of kingklip
: a mottled cusk eel of southern Africa (Genypterus capensis) that attains a length of five feet and is highly esteemed as food kingklip liver is of a delicacy and flavor unsurpassed by even chicken liver— J. L. B. Smith
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game