king's colornoun, often capitalized K&C
Definition of king's color
1 : a union jack carried on the right of the regimental color by most British regiments —used when the British monarch is a king
2 : a white ensign bearing the royal cipher used on ceremonial occasions by the Royal Navy —used when the British monarch is a king
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?