kid·dle | \ ˈkidᵊl\
Definition of kiddle
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a barrier that extends across a river and that is designed to deflect the water and river fish through an opening across which a fishnet may be stretched
Definition of kiddle (Entry 2 of 2)
dialectal English variant of cuddle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game