kick/whip/stir up a stormidiom
Definition of kick/whip/stir up a storm
: to create a situation in which many people are very angry, upset, critical, etc. His racial comments kicked/whipped/stirred up a storm in the newspapers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game