kick someone's buttidiom
Definition of kick someone's butt
US, informal + sometimes impolite
1 : to attack and injure someone severely Some drunk threatened to kick his butt.
2 : to defeat someone easily or completely She'll kick your butt in tennis.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?