Khwārizmī, al-biographical name
Definition of Khwārizmī, al-
circa 780–circa 850 Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī Islamic (Persian-born) mathematician and astronomer
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game