Definition of kettleman
: an industrial worker who melts, cooks, or dyes substances in a heated container: such as
a : a brewery worker who makes the wort that is the basis for beer
b : one who refines impure lead to secure a commercial grade
c : one who cooks the ingredients of paints, varnishes, or oils
d : burner man
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game