Definition of kersey
1a : a coarse ribbed woolen cloth for hose and work clothes
b : a heavy wool or wool and cotton fabric used especially for uniforms and coats
2 : a garment of kersey
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game