kepped\ -pt \; keppen\ -pən \ or kippen\ ˈkipən \; kepping; keps
Definition of kep
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 dialectal, British : to intercept and hinder kep him on his way home
2 dialectal, British : to make a catch of : serve as a catch for
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game