keep up withidiom
Definition of keep up with
1 : to go or make progress at the same rate as (others) : to stay even with (others) in a race, competition, etc. The other runners struggled to keep up with the leader. He found it difficult to keep up with the rest of the class.
2 : to continue to know the newest information about (something) I find it hard to keep up with the news.
3 informal : to continue to talk to or write to (someone) She still keeps up with her old friends from college.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game