Definition of keep score
: to officially record the number of points, goals, runs, etc., that each player or team gets in a game or contest —sometimes used figuratively If you're keeping score, this is the third time that he has run for mayor and lost.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game