keep one's eyes skinnedidiom
Definition of keep one's eyes skinned
: to look or watch closely in order to see or find (something) We kept our eyes skinned for a sign that would tell us where to turn.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game