variants: or kawwanah \ ¦kävə¦nä \
plural kavvanoth or kavvanot or kawwanoth or kawwanot\ -¦nōt(h) , -ōs \
Definition of kavvanah
: intention to carry out a divine command or precept : devotion or fervor in prayer the women prayed with complete kavvanah
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?