Definition of kauri-butanol value
: a measure of the solvent power of a petroleum thinner for paints and varnishes that is determined as the number of milliliters of the thinner just causing turbidity in a standard solution of a hard kauri in normal butyl alcohol
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game