kati·po | \ ˈkätə̇ˌpō, ˈkat-\
Definition of katipo
: a small venomous spider (Latrodectus hasselti or L. scelio) of eastern Asia, Australia, and New Zealand related to the American black widow and commonly black with a red stripe on the abdomen — see redback spider
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?